Tuesday 14 April 2009

Getting with 'it'!

Well…I've finally 'got with the program' and made the big leap into blog land!!!
Up until now I have resisted the urge for a few reasons:

  • I really don't think I am witty or interesting enough for anything to think of reading my blog.
  • Any time I'm spent blogging is time taken away from crafting/quilting.
  • As blogging is likely reduce the crafty stuff, maybe there won't be enough stuff to talk about.

But, as sewing is generally a solitary pursuit (well...other than the cats being with me eating loose bits of thread off the floor!) i am feeling the need to connect with other people who 'get it'! People who understand why i would feel the need to:

  • Cut perfectly good large pieces of fabric up into small pieces, and then sew them back together.
  • Spend a whole weekend chopping scraps into 1" strips...
  • Sit on the lounge floor in front of the telly sorting scraps by colour
  • Stand for hours ironing and folding pieces of new fabric
  • Cut the selvages of every piece of fabric i own (and believe me that's quite a lot!!)
  • Sew 3069 hexagons together into a grandmothers flower garden quilt.
  • Have a spare bedroom as a shrine to Heather Bailey
  • Sit for hours with the Hancocks of Paducah catalogues and a pink Sharpie marker.

I guess you won't all be with me on all those points…..but at least you 'get it'.

I figured the best place to start would be to go through some projects I've completed, until I get into a groove - as I guess once I do there's isn't a hope in hell that you'll stop me talking!!

So...more to come...but please bear with me with the techy stuff!!

B.
x

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty much why I decided to start a blog too! Your list of reasons have made me laugh - especially the ironing one. Until a few months ago I would do everything in my power to avoid ironing but now I have the quilting bug my iron has never seen so much use and I even enjoy it! Your work is beautiful and I especially love your flower cushions.

    ReplyDelete