Monday 25 May 2009

Jam packing it all in...

I love having an extra day tagged onto my weekend. I'm not sure i achieve much more, but at least it means that I'm not doing it all at the same frantic pace i usually do!

A swap I signed up to on Swap-Bot (as clearly I don't think I have enough on my plate!) was to make a decorated dishtowel. My swap partner seems to like most things so that made life easier, and her kitchen is red, yellow, green and orange.



It's along the same lines as the one I made for myself. The one that serves absolutely no purpose but just sits on the kitchen towel rail looking pretty!



I made the next block for the Around The World Quilting Bee. I'm rather pleased with it and hope the recipient likes it too!



I bound, labelled, washed and dried the Irish Triple chain quilt.
When it was quilted i requested the cotton/polyester wadding that shrinks a bit as i wanted it too look old. I'm not 100% convinced i've made the right choice as it has really changed the look and feel of the quilt and i really loved it how it was. Although i guess it's probably no less lovely, it's just different, and i will be fine once i've got used to it.



I did some more granny squares on my blanket. Very satisfying!



We also squeezed in a trip to Temple Newsam House. It's a stately home in Leeds and only about a half hour drive from us. There was Steam Rally on so we had a look around there, and then wandered around the gardens and admired the rhododendrons that were all in full bloom. The sun was even shining for us - which was a bit of a novelty!!

5 comments:

  1. You really do some fabulous work. I love the quilting bee block. The quilts on your last post are awesome. I've never made a quilt big enough to warrant having it long arm quilted for me and must admit that I've wondered whether it is cheating having someone else quilt it for me but you are changing my mind as yours look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do the offset log cabin, but I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your quilt on flicker and now found your blog. That Irish Chain quilt is simply amazing. I crochet too. But I want to make a quilt and the Irish Chain is one of the 4 or so on my list. You do very nice work and whoever did the quilting for you did your beautiful piecework justice! izazbz at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she likes it alright!! Lovely fabric, colour, design, everything! Thank you very much, I amm off to have a llok around your blog now that I have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opps sorry about the spelling, it is late and my eyes are giving up!

    ReplyDelete