Tuesday 12 May 2009

My first block for ATWQB is done!!

I have made my block for the Around The World Quilting Bee!

I suspect what I love about patchwork is the structure and repetition. I have seen some of other peoples improv stuff on various blogs and felt very envious of their ability to just try things out - something I don't find very easy. Having a quilt made by people all over the world is a really exciting prospect , but I knew that this would definitely take me out of my comfort zone - also a really exciting prospect!

When it came to deciding what I wanted to do for my block I felt really overwhelmed. Usually my head is filled with vague ideas of things I'd like to try but they all disappeared and I had no idea where to start. After giving myself a talking to, I fiddled around for a bit and this appeared....

I have added my details and it will be going in the post today! Very excited for the next one now...

5 comments:

  1. I saw it on Flickr and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! And you're right, it'd go great with my block! You really did fantastic, and after all that stressing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you arranged the flowers, swaying as if in the summer breeze.

    ReplyDelete