Saturday 11 July 2009

I think i'm a bit slow on the uptake.

I am going to admit something now. You have to promise you won't laugh.

*deep breath*....here goes...

I didn't know that 1/4" sewing machine feet existed until 3 weeks ago!

Yes. Just in case you were wondering you did read that right. I have been making quilts for about 5 years ish and I never knew they existed. No idea at all.
I have been blissfully going about my business guessing what a 1/4" seam allowance looks like when I could have made life MUCH easier for myself. How the hell did I miss that??

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that I ordered one, and I now have it in my hot little hands. I haven't used it yet but is it not a thing of beauty? I think I’m already in love.



Also, am I the only person who didn't know how jaw dropping this magazine is?



I paid a visit to my local fabric shop last weekend and they've started stocking them. There was a huge pile of them and after an age of flicking through all of them I managed to narrow it down to 3. I had to limit it as I was in fear of bankrupting myself in one foul swoop!
WAY more gorgeousness than a girl can cope with in one sitting. Has anyone ever been known to have suffered from eye candy overdose? I think it might be wise to ration time spent looking at them.

Are there any more life changing snippets of info that I don't know that I don't know???

3 comments:

  1. You are funny!! Where have you been? No idea about the magazine though - but I have the excuse of living in Holland. I do hope the foot changes your life - i have to say I love mine - it means i can whizz through seams v quick.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My jaw didn't drop all that much. I only got my 1/4 inch foot less than a year ago. :) It's a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I hate it. I haven't seen that magazine either, I guess they probably don't sell it way over here.

    ReplyDelete